Sensing Energy With Your Hands
This is an easy way to get a feeling sense of the subtle energies around us – a real tactile sensation.
How to Practice
- Stand comfortably with your feet shoulder width apart.
- Raise arms to chest height, with your fingers pointing towards the fingers on the opposite hand, the palms of your hands facing you, and your thumbs parallel with the floor, almost as though you were holding an invisible beach ball or basketball in your arms.
- Keep your elbows bent and relaxed so that you are not carrying tension in the shoulders and set your fingertips about 1 to 2 inches (2 to 5 cm) away from each other.
- Make sure your shoulders are relaxed.
- Hold this position for a short while.
- Now keep the left hand still and move the right hand gently in a slow circular motion – out, up, in and then down, maintaining about the same distance from the left hand.
- Keep your attention on the left hand and the sensations in the left hand. You may feel a light magnetic sort of pull or push, a tingling or a change in temperature. You may feel a ‘thud’ in the palm of the hand, a line of energy crossing the hand or a buzzy feeling in your hand or fingers. You may feel a sensation like a gentle breeze.
If you feel nothing, try again just once and then leave it to try again tomorrow. It’s better to be relaxed and if you feel stressed from ‘not getting it’ then it’ll be harder to notice. It can be subtle or strong. It’s an individual experience.